Come Grow With Us!!
MEI is a long-term, fiscally strong company working and growing steadily since 1947! If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with a variety of work opportunities, you will find yourself at home when you begin your career at MEI.
As you reflect on your employment opportunities, consider MEI!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits:
- Prescription Drug
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Profit Sharing Program
- Short Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance (Additional Insurance Can Be Purchased For Spouse And Family Members )
- Metatarsal Boot Allowance
- Safety Glasses (Prescription Or Non-Prescription )
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
Current Career Opportunities:
APOLLO, PA location
The Logistic Coordinator is responsible for the following areas of the MEI operation.
- Buildings and Grounds
- Vehicle Appearance
- Purchasing / Inventory
- Instrumentation Management / Respirator Fit Testing
- Fire Extinguisher / First Aid and Safety Equipment Inspection
- All personnel in these supporting roles
Performs coordination, execution and support functions for the Customer support group to fulfill the need of the field group by having MEI resources inventoried and in a constant state of readiness while focusing on identifying areas of waste and over usage to reduce cost and increase profitability.
Buildings and Grounds
Performs coordination, execution and support functions for all aspects of MEI’s property management (i.e. Grass cutting, weed eating, painting, minor facility repairs etc.)
Performs coordination, execution and support functions for all aspects of MEI’s Vehicle appearance management (i.e. Exterior vehicle wash, interior cleaning, Minor painting and or overseeing the surface refurbishment of various equipment.
The Logistics Coordinator works as part of a team that provides continuous internal customer satisfaction. They provide resources and information necessary to expedite the jobs and projects as they flow from the Customer support group to the Field group and maintain MEI buildings and grounds along with MEI’s vehicle appearance.
- Improve the current process’s in place to provide better efficiency to all aspects of MEI
- Manage employees schedule to improve present operations
- Provide the required resources to the Field group that will allow them to complete their daily work activities as efficiently as possible.
- Work as part of a team to provide the required coverage that will assist the field group in completing their jobs successfully.
- Have all MEI resources and equipment in a constant state of readiness.
- Maintain the proper quantities and inventory amounts of materials and supplies to meet the needs of the jobs.
- Provide a level of certainty that equipment will be in the state of readiness
- Provide accurate information to Customer Support coordinators and Accounting as to the amount of resources that have been utilized on a specific job.
- Not limited to above
- Adjust mezzanine needs for schedule changes (modify equipment prep that resulted from work changes due to emergencies or cancelations)
- Provide the needed assistance to employees to get them out on schedule
- Provide the needed materials or equipment that personal require that may have been overlooked
- Prepare materials and equipment needed for jobs (immediate needs or planned)
- Inventorying of trucks and trailers according to planned schedule or as a result of use
- Reconciling and restocking returns from previous day job
- Placing orders for needed materials from vendors
- Perform inspections of trucks and trailers on returns from jobs
- Assisting Project Managers and Dispatchers with the needs for emergency jobs (prepping equipment, paperwork, dispatching personnel, etc)
- Provide oversight to direct reports maintaining company vehicle fleet appearance as needed.
- Provide oversight to direct reports in general maintenance activities that supports MEI’s daily activities as needed
- Provide oversight to work force in daily maintenance of MEI’s building and grounds as needed
- Not limited to above
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team with dispatch, shop, and project management to provide the needed resources to the workforce for them to be successful in the field
- Preparing / loading materials and equipment needed for jobs (emergency / immediate needs or planned)
- Reconciliation of goods, materials and equipment going in and out of mezzanine area to provide information of usage back to Project Managers and Accounts Receivable, to provide a mechanism for invoicing of goods utilized for jobs
- Provide a mechanism for identifying areas of waste and over usage reduce cost associated with using drivers and field service employees who are currently performing these duties
- Purchasing of Material and goods / vendor management and negotiating for purchasing power in conjunction with Logistics Manager
- Maintaining inventories of expendable items at the required order levels
- Maintain inventories of all trailers and trucks that store equipment utilized for providing services. Utilize procedure and inventories established for controlling missing and damaged equipment that is costing MEI dollars for replacement and to maintain a state of readiness for next job. Set up protocol for return inspections of equipment that is utilized on a daily basis to discourage employees from returning equipment back to service that is not prepared to go. Provide an understanding of expectation
- Not limited to above
Requirements & Accountabilities:
- Reports directly to the Logistics Manager, When Logistics Manager not available all communications should be directed to the Operations manager
- Employee is hourly for 40 hours per week (Not limited too)
- Hours of operation for the logistics area are Monday through Friday, 5:30AM to 9:00PM. Saturday 7am- 3:30 pm
- The Logistic Coordinator will work a ( min.) 9.5 hour rotating shift and will share Saturday shifts as needed to evaluate employee performance
- Employee is expected to dress in MEI uniform
- Works closely with Logistics Manager to fulfill the requirements of the Field Support Team
- Responsible for accurate tracking of all MEI inventoried equipment.
- Not limited to above
- Experience in a managers role, preferably within a warehouse environment
- Experience in inventory control, small equipment tracking
- Drive and determination to provide exceptional service to internal clients
- Proactive approach and ability to multitask
- Current working knowledge of Windows based Microsoft programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer knowledgeable in excel. Word and power point
- May be asked to participate in additional training and or certification requirements
HOUSTON, PA location
With limited supervision, the Shop/Road/Field Mechanic/Technician performs maintenance and repair of complex equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- High School graduate or GED
- Unexpired PA Driver’s License or CDL
- Class 7 PA Inspection
- Ability to pass a pre-employment Criminal Background check including MVR
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as random drug testing
- Ability to pass a DOT/Hazwoper Pre-employment Physical
- Reading comprehension skills, math aptitude and mechanical aptitude
Years and Related-type Experience:
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must own tools applicable to position
- Active applicable state class driver’s license
- Three to five years of experience repairing/maintaining equipment and tools that require mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic repairs
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Activities require handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. and seldom lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Exposure to loud noise, dust, gas or fumes
- Work in unprotected weather elements
- Ability to wear hearing and eye protection as required
- Ability to bend and kneel for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least four hours per day
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Clean equipment
- Attend formal training
- Load and unload equipment while complying with DOT regulations for height, width and weight
- Prepare new equipment for rent or sale
- Assist with deliveries
- Communicate with lead technician, counter person and/or service manager for equipment maintenance requirements and repair parts
- Provide assistance to all other levels of technicians as needed in regard to troubleshooting repairs
- Check out, familiarize and demonstrate a wide array of complex equipment for customers
- Maintain paperwork documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis as well as documentation of labor
- Pickup and delivery of equipment and parts to and from outside vendors and other locations for purchase and/or repair
- Recognize and communicate the need for shop tools
- Identify and communicate the need for parts for inventory
- Using some degree of independent judgment, is responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of complex rental equipment and tools, which involve mechanical, hydraulic, gas, diesel and electrical systems at branch or customer locations
- Perform maintenance check on rental equipment before and after use for damage, hours used, tires, mileage, fuel levels, safety decals and safety compliance
- Perform, in a safe manner, minor repairs of rental equipment and tools, including checking oil, grease, fluids and tagging of equipment for rental-ready status
- Perform diagnostic procedures across a variety of component systems and equipment
- Assist in the training of junior technicians
- Maintain a service vehicle in a clean and professional manner; ensure the vehicle is always properly maintained
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Advanced verbal and written skills
- Problem-solving/decision-making skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time-management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Customer service skills
- Working knowledge of company computer systems
- Advanced knowledge of tools
- Advanced knowledge of rental cycle
- Working knowledge of diagnostic equipment and procedures and, where applicable, use of laptop computers
- Working knowledge of schematics and diagrams
- Advanced mechanical aptitude
Apply Now (please complete both steps for Driver or non-driver position):
2. Complete form below to submit resume
Comments or questions are welcome.
Can’t find a job that matches your skill set? Complete a job application and we’ll retain for future position openings. Applications are kept on file for a period of six months.
If you have any questions about the expectations of any position or about our recruitment process, please contact us Monday through Friday between 8AM and 5:30PM: Recruitment Coordinator 724-568-3623 724-568-2571 fax MEIjobopportunities@completewastemgmt.com
McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc. (MEI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.