Come Grow With Us!!
MEI is a long-term, fiscally strong company working and growing steadily since 1947! If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with a variety of work opportunities, you will find yourself at home when you begin your career at MEI.
As you reflect on your employment opportunities, consider MEI!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits:
- Prescription Drug
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Profit Sharing Program
- Short Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance (Additional Insurance Can Be Purchased For Spouse And Family Members )
- Metatarsal Boot Allowance
- Safety Glasses (Prescription Or Non-Prescription )
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
Current Career Opportunities:
APOLLO, PA location
MEI is seeking a Facility Treatment Operator to join its Waste Treatment Facility in Apollo, PA to ensure that pumps, conveyors, blowers, mixers, metering equipment and other wastewater treatment equipment are functioning properly. The additional expectations and responsibilities of this position are:
- Knowledge of PLC and computer resources.
- Knowledge of filter press operations.
- Understanding of non-hazardous manifest receiving and shipping procedures.
- Extensive training in proper procedures, laws and regulations, safety training, certification and testing, and sampling procedures.
- Knowledge of waste blending and characterization of non-hazardous residual and municipal waste.
- Ensure adequate communications with supervisor and subordinates.
- Inform supervisor of problems with assigned resources.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment utilized.
- Review assignments and common responsibilities.
Additional position Required information:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in the Wastewater Treatment field
- Unexpired PA Driver’s License; Commercial Driver’s License preferred
HOUSTON, PA location
Sells the following to new and existing customers: Industrial services, Transportation services for non-hazardous and hazardous waste disposal, Treatment Facility, Training Services offered, and Rental and Sales of Equipment.
|Duties and responsibilities (include but are not limited to):|
- Prospect for new clients: *
- Establish relationship;
- Find needs and develop solutions;
- Develop and implement new customer prospect plan.
- Maintain relationship and Identify new opportunities with existing customers; develop and implement plans for increasing sales.*
- Develop and complete sales proposals to include: *
- Develop work proposals along with operations engineers;
- Meet all requests for a proposal;
- Prepare, analyze and validate sales proposal estimates;
- Verify sales proposals against MEI service and product offerings;
- Collaborate in the development of the sales proposal.
- Makes sales presentations to customers and attend pre-bid meetings.*
- Secure sales of the entire range of services provided.*
- Manage and lead the overall sales process for each selling opportunity.*
- Generate $2-$3 Million dollars per calendar year in sales to new and existing customers.*
- Generate 50%-75% of sales from new customers.*
- 20+ customer visits and/or presentations per week; 50 customer phone calls per week.*
- Utilize sales support assistance as necessary.
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) software to track sales progress and manage the sales process.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and provide weekly reports on sales activities and accomplishments; attend bi-monthly safety meetings.
- Join industry organizations and attend functions.
- Reports for work before starting time, and works until stopping time, as required.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains MEI’s core values. *
- Frequent Travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:|
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong planning and organizational skills; written and oral communication skills; resources and task management skills.
- Ability to perform project estimations, to develop and execute sales prospect plans
- Ability to sell services and value added, relative to price.
- Working knowledge of RCRA and DOT regulatory requirements a plus.
- Territory canvassing skills.
- Excellent probing, questioning and listening skills.
- High energy level, sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Self-directed with strong initiative, and self-sufficiency.
|Required Education, Training and Experience:|
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Geology and Finance & Marketing.
- 5 or more years of sales experience selling industrial and transportation services in the hazardous or residual waste industries or comparable industries (chemical, oil/gas, steel mills, and power generation).
- Experience selling directly to end users is required.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires occasional walking, standing, climbing, sitting, talking, and listening.
- Requires occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, and carrying.
- Required to have clarity of vision.
- Position involves occasional heights and confined spaces; occasional strenuous physical exertion.
- Occasional ability to properly wear and use respirator equipment and other forms of protective equipment (PPE), including occasional full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
Apply Now (please complete both steps for Driver or non-driver position):
2. Complete form below to submit resume
Comments or questions are welcome.
Can’t find a job that matches your skill set? Complete a job application and we’ll retain for future position openings. Applications are kept on file for a period of six months.
If you have any questions about the expectations of any position or about our recruitment process, please contact us Monday through Friday between 8AM and 5:30PM: Recruitment Coordinator 724-568-3623 724-568-2571 fax MEIjobopportunities@completewastemgmt.com
McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc. (MEI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.